Friday, April 13, 2007

Love for the Mother Church lost

I know that all have felt the pain of losing a love one. Now I want to talk about the feeling of “losing” a love one in the spiritual realm. I am not sure if physical or spiritual loss is easier. It seems when we lose someone physically we can have comfort that they are now in God’s grace. When it is spiritual loss we still place them in God’s mercy; however, we are constantly fearful for them for as long as we/they live or until they come back home. I am sure my old friends and family feel that way about me coming to the Catholic Church.

What brought this to mind is I have a “friend” who started me on my journey into the fullness of the faith. He has a degree in “medieval” political science or something like that. He loves the church fathers and proclaimed to love the Mother Church. However, now he claims to love the Church, but does not follow her teaching. He claims to love the Mother Church, but does not visit her. He proclaims to love the Church, but does not wish to get closer to her. He married someone who entered into the Catholic Church, but she does not love the Mother Church enough to follow the teaching either.

I know I am being hard on them. I am really hurt. I have been shunned by my friend for asking him how his faith is going. Pray for me to help me get over the hurt and pray for him so he will come back in and start living the love he proclaims.

No comments: