Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Interent is a dreadful place

The internet is a dreadful and horrible place! There is a vast wealth of knowledge to be obtained by looking online. However, to find useful information you have to wade through pages and pages of crap, stuff that is inaccurate, intolerable, offensive, and just plain wrong. So why do most of us feel our lives are incomplete without the daily visit to the World Wide Web?

I think I like the ability to write. Not that I write well, and not that anyone reads this. However, it is a chance for me to voice my very unnecessary opinion about everything and nothing all at once. Then that is quite possibly why so many others also find the Internet to be such a vital part of life. Unfortunately most do not heed to the morals God gave them.

I recently found my boss’s MySpace page. That paired with the fact that a friend of mine, David O’Neil, has recently placed his blog as very private got me thinking. What would happen if my regional manager got onto any of my pages? What would happen? More than likely he would not waste his time reading the babble that comes from my fingers. I doubt him or any other Donatos boss would give any of my feelings a second thought. I have already found that what I post on MySpace it tempered to those who are my “friends” and may read it, though on my blog the gloves are off. Should this be true?

I know there are things I do not want some to know, but I do not mind if others know. There are many things that I just keep inside that I do not let out because of the potential for someone close to me to be hurt. Though if they are close to me then they should know better than to be hurt. Well crap, I think my train of thought has derailed… Where was I?

Well I suppose that since almost no one actually looks at my blogs I should be safe. Though I wonder how true my “blogging” self is to my everyday self…
I need to write something meaningful soon. Something about something that actually matters in the world instead of being so self centered to think that anyone out there cares about my personal life enough to read 400 words about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I care. I read everytime you post something, just because I don't leave comments don't think that I'm not taking an interest in what you have to say.