Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Side Note

I know our dear friend tells us not to hold onto this world. He says that we must remember that things of this world are temporal and do not last. Things here on earth are also unfair.

I very seldom talk about my life… unless it is directly related to my readings… however, tonight I think I will. I hope this does not sound too much like a diary entry.

I have to attempt to remind myself everyday that things will not always work out the way I think they should. I have some brains, talents, and a decent job. However, I have no physical person to come home to or to cook for. However, my sister has a husband, child, she does not have to work and people still break their backs for her. Sad thing is that I am the more attractive one as well. So why does she get everything handed to her and I have to fight for it?

Well that is simple; I fight because I want to do so. It gives me meaning. She does not fight, she is miserable with her life, and she is contemplating leaving her husband.

On the other hand, there is my friend. She is older than I and had the most wonderful family known to man! Now I am not saying that because I was slated to be her daughter-in-law, but she is awesome. She has a wondrous love about her that makes you feel like the world will be ok. However, as of late she has had some problems. She lost her husband of 30 some years 09/04, then his beloved aunt 12/04, then her mother 03/05, and now her niece could pass any day now. I figure this 3-month pattern cannot sustain itself… but I can tell you I do not deem this”fair”. It is times like these that one’s faith in God is threatened and tested. However, you should see her. Overall, she is strong and beautiful. She is one of the greatest role models that I have ever had.
If there are any out there who are reading this, please say a pray for this family. She has two sons one lives across country. The other lives in her home, but he is on a different planet. Well that is enough for personal information… well take care for now.

1 comment:

Robert Pearson said...

Keep fighting--I believe that, as you say, it gives life meaning.

Noted your blog through a comment on Umbrae Canarum. Interesting; I will check in from time to time. I am considering becoming a Catholic.

Regards,

Robert