Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ok, I am having another religious vs. political dilemma. I read something from church (http://www.holyrosaryindy.org/ in the bulletin) about "personally apposed but" Catholics. It stated that too many people feel this way because they do not want to impose their beliefs on someone else; however, if this is the outlook then the person is not really opposed to it. Well now I have a problem. I believe in "radical" personal freedoms. I do not think that the government (especially federal) has the right to interfere in personal lives. Well now we have abortion and birth control. Accordingly I should be opposed to these things because it is murder, or the intent to keep a life from occurring. Therefore, I should work to get the government to pass laws against these things. However, I am struggling because I do not want to allow the government to have that control.

What is a person to do?
I wonder if this is just another one of my issues of not wanting to give up control in general. One of my many faults is that I do not trust in the Lord enough and I want to take matters into my own hands. I also find that handing over my problems to Him is something I struggle with. Could my political views be just another side effect of that problem?

No comments: