Monday, January 16, 2006

Political Issue :(

Well I think I have figured out the political thing, at least for now! I shall move to the point where I will fight for the Catholic Church ideas. My problem was that it would be ok if the government accepted religious ideas that matched with my own, but I wanted them to stay out of the religious idea incase another segment of religion took over (such as Hindu). However, I will just have to fight for what I feel is right. This is easy for the idea of abortion, but not on birth control. I think I am fighting with this idea because I do not quite agree that it is the same. I understand that it may be a way for individuals to attempt to “stop” God’s will, but then again we do it all of the time.

I know I have posted on this before, but the idea of medical advancement, in my opinion may be doing the same thing. We as a society are manipulating nature so people who cannot have children can, people who can have children can not, people who should have died do not, exc. Where does this fit into his plan. Where do we as a religious society say that this is God’s will/ this is our own will. I am not saying to stop all medical research. However, if we allow people who were not intended to have children to have them, what does that mean about the genetic code we are allowing to stay in the gene pool? Does God want these people to have children? If so why did he not make it so they could? Now I am also not saying that we should NOT help, because it could be in the plan to do so. I am just not sure if I believe that we can truly know for sure where the cycle ends.

The argument could be made that birth control (or using human means to stop God’s wishes for a baby) and artificial insemination (or using human means to stop God’s wishes to stop birth) would be in the same category. However, both work on the assumption that we know that it is God’s will for the child to be born. I think that that assumption is false. Then again that is just my humble opinion.

Soon I hope to write some comments about the abortion issue, and try to stay away from the issues I have not yet figured out.

No comments: