Sunday, October 09, 2005

Why

WHY?

I know this is a long time coming; however, I was planning to make it monumental. I was going to have scripture notes and exc. However, I found that it was NOT that hard.

So I guess it comes down to the idea of WHY. Why did God want to create man with the free will to commit these evils?

This is a “simple” answer. We are God’s children. I started to read the Bible finding lots of passages and praying. I then was wrapped up in personal issues such as schoolwork and keeping my little niece safe. Then God gave me the answer. Here it is.

Personal scale: now I am not personally versed in this part because I do not have children of my own. However, I have it on good authority that bearing, rising, and loving children/ offspring can be very challenging. A good parent does everything possible to ensure the best environment for the children; however, they tend to be rebellious and troublesome. I have asked these non-perfect parents “Was it worth it?” The answer was always yes. This came from parents of children of all ages from infants to adults with their own children.

Worldwide scale: since the world is so harsh, some have said that we should weep when we have children and rejoice when people pass (this was a memory from childhood at church camp, she was on of my ‘friends’ for the week). With so many inflections that can be placed upon the child, it does seem to be cold to bring one into the world. However, again it is worth it. Some grow and love God, parents, and neighbors. They make WONDERFUL additions to society. It would truly be sad to lose these wonderful creatures just because of one’s perspective on the world. Hay that one child could make a difference in the world for the better.

God’s scale: He is the perfect parent with the most perfect hopes for all of his children. If it is worth everything in the world for that one kiss for a non-perfect human, how much more is God glorified by every “I love you” or smile from his children? It is not that he looks at the world as bad, because he created a good world with good creatures. Every time his children find him and say, “I love you” in any number of ways… he is overjoyed.

This may not answer your deep questions; however, this has set my heart at ease. It has lifted me up and “set me free” from the sadness of why.

No comments: