Friday, September 14, 2007

I am 51 and worthless!

This story is not about me... obviously for those who know me...Anyway I read this article "Why don't I ever get asked out?" Well here is her question, the rest of the page is professional and un-professional people giving advise...
My entire adult life, I have gone out to all the places you're told to go to meet someone special. Nothing. I never even get asked out. It's like I'm invisible, and my life has wasted away because there's not a damn thing I can to do to 'make' someone want me. I'm no size 0, but I'm not an elephant either. I have a great personality (that one again!), but I can't get my friends to understand that I simply refuse to put myself through more pain and humiliation by going to a dance and never getting asked to dance. I feel like such a damned freak. Can you help me?" -- Shelby B., 51, Atlanta, Georgia


Here is my response. First of all if you are 51 years of age and feel that life is ONLY worth while if some other human likes you, you are living a VERY sad life! This should be something that people learn is false earlyish in life. At 51 you should know that the best things in life would be the things that got you though the last 51 years!

Second, why would you want someone to "want" you? Why would you not want love. Sad thing is one person actually responded that she should "LOWER" her standards! I would say they are TOO low. Unless she just wants a hook-up and not a relationship then by all means drop away!

Third... Well I am just going to stop! This makes me SO angry I want to spit! Why do we tell women they are only worth what other humans think you are worth!

1 comment:

David said...

Men and women both. We all need to find something to make ourselves feel valuable--and unfortunately we often pick something that is ultimately empty, not only in itself but because it is temporary.