Friday, September 28, 2007

Fantasy

I was talking to people at work... One day I may actually work at work! Anyway, we started talking about "Fantasy Lists". Do any of you have one. I am guessing no. This list is a list of famous people that if the famous person was OK with it you could have an affair with and your significant other or spouse would not get angry, mad, or upset.

So women at work are talking about "fantasy" guys and I mention that this or that guy is good looking; however, I would not "do" them. In fact, a few years ago (after seeing a episode of "Friends")I decided such a list was stupid and retarded. It says to your loved one you are not enough. I have to live this fantasy to be fulfilled. This makes me feel that most people are more empty.

They then told me that I was silly for not having such a list. I was also told that my boyfriend has one so I should have one. Well I can tell you that any man of mine better not even think I would be OK with such a thing. Why would ANYONE go for this. It seems too close to an "open" relationship to me.

I had friends that had an "open" marriage. The rule was as long as they ended the day together in bed it did not matter who they spent the day with or what they did. This seems to be an abuse of marriage. I see this list as close to that. It also seems kind of like idolatry as well as adultery.

So many times a day I think...

1. I am SO happy I am a Catholic!
2. What is WRONG with people?

No comments: