Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lets fix what I messed up!

Ok, now when posting before I seem to have made some small errors! I am very sorry. I seem to have gotten the Saturday document and the Tuesday document merged! Though many of my statements are still true, I do want to set the record straight! I think this is how it goes... Please let me know if I am still a bit confused! I am very new at this and the terms and offices still confuse the daylights out of me!

The document released on Saturday July 7th was the Motu proprio. This was written by the Pope as an expression to the Bishops that the Pre-Vat 2 mass or the Tridentine mass can be said by local priests with out the expressed permission of the local bishop. There are ifs ands or buts about this, but that is basily it... for more please see this document

The document released on Tuesday July 9th was from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Fatih. These are responses to questions regarding church doctrines. I am not quite sure what this is or quite who releases it; however, it seems the Congregation is really a group of people! (Maybe one of you smart people could let me know.) However, here is basically what it is...

"The vastness of the subject matter and the novelty of many of the themes involved continue to provoke theological reflection. Among the many new contributions to the field, some are not immune from erroneous interpretation which in turn give rise to confusion and doubt. A number of these interpretations have been referred to the attention of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Given the universality of Catholic doctrine on the Church, the Congregation wishes to respond to these questions by clarifying the authentic meaning of some ecclesiological expressions used by the magisterium which are open to misunderstanding in the theological debate."

Ok, the full artical can be found here
and now I have a great task in reading these items and trying to make sense of them... by forgetting all that has been written about them!

No comments: