Monday, July 09, 2007

Oh My!

Do you ever come across something that just makes you wonder "WHY!!!!"? I have had one such situation today. I was talking to a woman at work, she will be getting married to a non-practicing Catholic. She is planning on also converting even though she does not have to do so. Now the issue comes with the fact that she does NOT plan to go to church regularly. In fact, she said that the grandparents will take the children! So I sit here wondering why she would even convert? What is the benefit? If she would not be practicing she would just be causing herself more problems!

It also seems the priest that will be marring them is a really good friend of her soon to be husband's family. So she hangs out with him all of the time. She is worried about the confession since she has a direct friendship with this person. It just seems to me as if it is all about the outside and not the inside... Then I wonder if there are many people who think that is all we (Catholics) are... all just for show!

4 comments:

John R.P. Russell said...

Your typo ("marring" instead of "marrying") is most appropriate and amusing.

Dusty M Brahlek said...

Wow that is funny! LOL

David said...

When I was converting the priest told us explicitly that if we did not, at the very least, expect to attend mass every Sunday, then we had better not bother becoming Catholic, since we'd only be making it worse for ourselves in the long run.

Dusty M Brahlek said...

I think this priest is not saying anything because he is a VERY good friend of the family she is entering! That is a very sad comment I know.